In this tutorial we will guide you through simple methods how to root your Samsung Galaxy S5 android.
Table of Contents
About Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S5 is an android phone which comes with Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors. The size of display is 5.1 inches with a resolution of 1080×1920 pixels with a protection of corning gorilla glass 3 technology.
The phone packs internal memory of 16 or 32 GB with 2 GB RAM and also support micro-SD card upto 256 GB. The camera specifications include 16MP Primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash including Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR and panaroma. It has 2MP secondary camera.
The version of software is android 4.4.2 (KitKat), upradable to 6.0 (marshmallow) powered by Quad-Core 2.5 GHz Krait 400 processor with removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery. Its connectivity inlcude WLAN, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Infrared port and USB.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S5
Before proceeding with tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy S5, make sure you have checked the below pre-requirements:
- Your Samsung Galaxy S5 should have at least 50% of battery charge remaining.
- Backup all your important data before proceeding.
Please note that rooting your Samsung Galaxy S5 will void its warranty. So proceed at your own risk.
So if you have decided to proceed with rooting your Android device and have also checked the above pre-requirements, follow the steps below:
- Enable the “Developer option” by going to settings->build num->About phone. Tap on it several times until the developer option gets enabled. Go to developer option and check the “USB debugging” option.
- To start the rooting process, download and install the “Towelroot” application on your device. While doing so, you will get a warning message by android security. Just ignore and “install anyway” to install the application on your device.
- After that launch the application on your device, click on “make it ra1n” to start the rooting process.
- Wait for the process to complete and your device will automatically reboot.
- To check the status whether your device is rooted, download and install the “root checker” application on your device.
That’s it. You have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy S5 Android device. Let us know in the comment section if you have any problem related to this article.